My Grown Up Christmas Wish

Photo by Brooke Shaden


This year’s Christmas is quite different to me - Different in the way that It doesn't excite me anymore. I find everything so slow and noisy. Grinch Mode eh! It used to be a happiest event of  the year for me-but suddenly its dull and boring! Am I old enough?  or maybe because the recent events that happened this year? Typhoon Pablo victims and Connecticut shooting that depresses me or It's just I don't have enough money to splurge for this season than I usually do. It’s also frustrating for me not to afford the things that I needed to buy with all the bargain stuff.  A lot of things going on this days – I have some issues with my boyfriend. And tired of all the unpaid bills at house. Nothing Merry on this state ~ no wonder suicide rates go up during this time of the year ..but I'm not up for that, don't worry. Troubled, Confused, Sad on what's going on..  I just keep on going on with the flow hoping that like any other season it would just pass. 

At the Church we sat at the farthest seat available, like a student who doesn't want to be called during recitation. The Pastor Sermon is all about Obedience. A never ending series, discussed in different words but same thought. Message comes pass through the right ear and leave instantly at the left ear. Just passing through per say. A little pinch in the heart but doesn't stay long enough - not even as long as I stay at the church building. That would be the reality of my church life for the past 3 years but not this time. Upon reading the whole passages of 1 John 5 ~ My heart grew heavy that I can't help but cry. 

1 John 5

21 Dear children, keep yourselves from idols.

I just cried and pour out my heart to God. Asking for forgiveness. I felt so free. Its good to know that its never too late. God's Grace is truly amazing, and even a callous heart like mine can be soften. Once again I know God has healed me from my past sins and like the prodigal son I felt the embrace of my Forgiving Father who welcomed me with open arms.

Right at that moment  I realize that this is Christmas. Not the 25th of December, not the season, not the   Bargains, Not even gifts, or anything that cause us to busy and troubled. It's being reminded that God is with us, and we are saved, with a price and for that we are to accept HIM as our Lord and Savior.

Its not HIM being born, but its us leaving our old selves behind and moving forward redeemed, restored and renewed.

And there is not greater gift to God than to take good care of the Gift of Salvation that was freely given.

And much have been said but not easily done. My Grown Up Christmas wish is to be able to embrace my christian life. To change center of my focus to Jesus.  Slowly each day of my life I'm beginning to take small steps of faith. This would not be easy but it will be Worthy.


14 This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.15 And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him.



  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment