Energizer Night Race Manila: My First 5K Run


Another First of my running career.. chos. 
A breakthrough from being couch potato to 5K finisher.
 Way to go Sam ^_^



Last May 4, Saturday I participated my first fun run (My 3k Kapuso Fun Run is pa cute mode only..hehe). I registered under 5K Category. Its a Night Race organized by ENERGIZER PHILIPPINES and GMA.

Here is what included in my Php 700 Race Kit
-there is also a pen included for designing your bib.

photo credits to Sharon Cleofas

As early as 6:00pm the assembly area is already jampacked with runners proudly wearing their designed bib. You can say that some really took time on it. 

This is my contribution. hehe

Chance
Choice
Change
-----------------------
Sam version 2.0



 And since we arrived early we got a chance to take a photo in the photobooth...and of course we took  time taking our before photos...

freshness pa ang peg


My bag is packed with cellphones, wallets, and my water

                                                                                       
At The Assembly Area with my friends
     

                                                                   Runners testing their headlights




And the Race begins...

At first we tried to run together but eventually got separated on the way. It is really  difficult to move  with so many people around you. I guess you have to find a  way to avoid bumping each other. I ran as I can,  and walk to catch my breath. Later on the race I thought of something to motivate me. I counted the guide cones and tried to run passing 20 cones and stop at 10 or five or anything that marks a distance. I should have thought of that from the start... anyways this is my first time.  Since I have my water bottle with me, It saves me time in dropping by to water stations. Everytime I felt that I need to drink, I only sip to avoid side pains.if you know what I mean. I did stop once to fill up my water... and for the picture, I did notice cameras catching me running but sadly I can't find any of my pictures taken by Energizers Photographers. At last I can see the finish line now, a girl handed me a certificate. Wow.. Thats amazing.. Im going to do it again.. ^_^ I did some litle cooling down because I felt like my knees are shaking.


 Many people have come to race for different reasons, but whaterver it is brings people together, Families, Friends, officemates, couples. And It is so inspiring to see them. For me, I run to challenge myself on how far I can go. To take action of my promise to God in taking good care of my body. I did pray that I may finish the race in less than 50 mins and God gave me more that.





After Photos




Till next Fun Run..



Photo Credits to Energizer Philippines Facebook, Sharon, and Ramil

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment